You All Took the Oath of Office: Article 111 section 3, Uphold, Fulfill, Protect and Preserve the Rights of every citizen in the great state of Montana.
In the best interest of all citizens of Montana, the 25% that use THC products and the 75% that do not, our state government should adopt safe regulatory mechanisms to control marijuana production, sales, transportation, testing, and taxation. Plus, make sure of proper distribution of said taxes, while advancing the public health and safety. These regulatory mechanisms will help prevent minors from accessing marijuana, protect and inform consumers, and can also protect third parties from unwanted consequences of “adult use” THC.
1. Keep 20% State Tax Rate and 3% Local County/Municipality to pay for the issues caused by THC usage! Basic theme of I-190…the voice of the people.
2. Ensure the funds are available for proposed financial support of Veterans, Fish, Wildlife, Trail management and drug treatment and awareness programs.
3. Don’t radically increase current usage levels of THC like what happened to Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, CA, and Washington after adult use THC was voted in. By increasing THC usage, you risk large increases in fentanyl, heroin, meth, cocaine, and ETC usage in the State.
4. Test everything and sell through DOR green card system.
5. No out of state license ownership and tourist sales.
6. Apply advertising restrictions like those for the cigarette industry. (Billboards, Print, Digital, Media, pay per Click, etc.) $5000 fine to any advertiser of THC.
If these proposed responsible changes happen to HB701, families and our state will be in a better place than where we are headed today. We do not need a green pot shop on every corner with a green billboard!
Remember the other side has never said “adult use” THC is good for you, your family, or pets. Their selling points have been the tax money will help with THC addiction treatment facilities, vets, fish, and more trails! I agree with their points, finally! These proposed changes do this! Plus, the SafeMontana sideboards bill will add awareness of this weed to help us lead a productive healthy life! Again, the voice of the people is heard with the passage. Libertarians will like this. Veterans, fish advocates, trail lovers, employers, and families will be elated with these changes. Governor’s HEART Treatment Program will be funded at a higher level.
This is our best SafeMontana work to date! Please share this! Now let’s study, discuss this modification bill and get it passed! Please call me anytime with any suggestions or comments at 406-670-8100!